Monday, December 21, 2009

It's A Winter Wonderland

So, you may not have heard, but it snowed around here (it got some minor news coverage). I figured those of you who may not get enough of the white stuff would enjoy some pictures from aftermath. Turned out to be much ado about nothing, as the storm only brought the light, fluffy snow. It's easy enough to move, the problem is finding someplace to put it all once you have.

When the snow is this light the wind can move it around pretty easily, so even though it snowed for 14 hours, we still had bare spots like on the back deck.

Of course, that snow was going to land somewhere, so other places like on our cars had over two feet of snow.


At least it left us with a lovely holiday scene with the Christmas lights.



The day was not without casualties, as my window cling could not survive the wind and snow anymore. The Irish are now only fighting from the waist down.



I have to admit, this is a good-looking way to ride out the storm. Nice tree, roaring fire... it's a holiday scene if I've ever seen one. Add some hot chocolate with Bailey's and you've got yourself a fine time.



Here's how I spent some of the day, playing Wii Golf, which may be the only way I can play any golf around here until April-ish when all this snow finally melts. (That's a lie, I'm totally playing winter golf on my birthday).

No comments: