Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Visions Are Off

In my rather quirky family, we've adopted several little superstitions that we, for some reason, have come to accept as true (this is mostly from the Irish side, as my dad thinks we're all nuts). Make a wish at 11:11, touch the car ceiling as you run a yellow light, bury a St. Joseph statue to help sell your house - it's that kind of stuff. One of the ones that I have no idea where it came from, though believe as though it were the gospel truth, is that if you can remember your dream from the night before it's because it will come true. Sort of like the Irish version of a vision quest. Well, if it's true that I am becoming psychic, I still have a ways to go in honing my craft.

The other day we had a big wind storm and my front and back yards were littered with downed sticks and branches, including a descent sized one near my truck. That night I had a very vivid dream that another, much larger branch came down and landed on my truck, causing serious damage. The dream was too real, to the point I had to make myself wake up and then had to fight the urge to get up and check to see if my vehicle was undamaged. The next morning I still could remember the image of my truck crushed by a branch. Well, it turned out that we had lost a very large branch off one of our trees, but it was in the backyard and good 30 feet from any cars in the driveway.

Anyway, the fact that I was right about a huge branch breaking off, but wrong because it didn't land on my truck makes me think that I could very well be psychic, just a bad one. I will only be able to give a slight variation of what will happen next following whatever happened the day before and I'll be off by a few feet. It just reminded me of a skit on SNL and thankfully, it's one of those ones that has made its way online.



-While I'm not happy that the Fighting Irish have voted to skip a bowl this holiday season because I want more football, I guess in the long run it's for the best. They have no head coach and no momentum after ending the season with 4 straight losses, so what's the point? Last season's Hawaii Bowl was nice because it helped to build some positive vibes heading into next season, but with the program in flux perhaps it's best to work on the off-the-field side of things. Let's focus on finding a new coach, recruiting some defense and getting Dayne Crist ready for next season, cause I think Clausen is gone and he's taking Golden Tate with him. Not to mention, we don't want to get comfortable playing in those "Everyone Gets A Trophy" bowls that litter the college football landscape.

No comments: