Friday, July 24, 2009

It's A Dish Best Served Cold

This morning I was debating my breakfast options. Not surprisingly, Option A was skipping breakfast, which happens 90% of the time. But, I decided instead to be weird and actually have breakfast on a weekday. Showing what a health nut I truly am, I went with the strawberry frosted Pop Tarts. They're not as good as the strawberry milkshake pop tarts, but still that flavor will work in a pinch. And just to make it a completely odd morning, I even went the extra mile to take the time to toast my Pop Tarts.

When they first came out, I'm sure toasting Pop Tarts was all the rage. After all, they're called Pop Tarts because they're supposed to "pop" out of a toaster. But over time society decided that it took too long and it just wasn't worth it. And do you know why? Because Pop Tarts aren't as good when they've been toasted. There is something about them that makes them better when they are room temperature. Perhaps it's the lack of burnt edges that makes the difference. However, I contend that Kellogg's knows this to be the case, because look at some of the more recent flavors that have come out: chocolate sundae, chocolate chip cookie dough and cookie and cream. Do any of those sound like they would be better if they were warm?

This is not just a pop tart phenomenon. I enjoy a good slice of pizza, but cold pizza the next morning (or when you get home at 3 am) is usually much better. Also, an apple is nice, but if you put it in apple pie I'm not eating it, cause I don't like hot fruit.

Whatever, it's Friday. Bring it home, Regan...

No comments: