Friday, July 3, 2009

Just Rambling...

-I love the guide feature on my TV remote. One of my quirks is that I am never happy with what's on TV now, I also have to know whats going to be on later. So, when I saw that Comedy Central was going to be showing nothing but stand-up specials all weekend I was pretty excited, cause I'm a guy who enjoys stand-up comedy. So, I flipped through them all to see if any were worth setting the VCR (yes, I still use the VCR to record things). Despite the massive catalog of specials that the network has at it's disposal, there really aren't any good ones on until Sunday. 36 hours of stand-up and there are maybe two shows worth setting a reminder for. Just further proof I should be in charge of programming (also if I was in charge of programming, that Michael & Michael Have Issues show would already be cancelled).

-I've found it's really easy to summarily judge people when you're behind them in line at a store. For example: if you have nothing but Coke products in your basket, as a Pepsi guy I'll decide we won't be friends. It's just that easy for me.

-Why do networks even bother to show sporting events on tape delay? I don't care if it happened at 5 am this morning - waiting to show it at noon when I could go online at 9 am and see how it ended just is a waste of time. You'd be better off airing more Michael Jackson coverage, cause we certainly haven't gotten enough of that.

-I love that Al Franken is the new Senator from Minnesota. It just goes to show you that we're getting closer to Congresswoman Fey.

-Now that Trevor Ariza is signing with the Rockets, I'm ok with the Celtics going after Rasheed Wallace. It's not that I would consider myself a fan of Wallace, but I'd rather have him for 2 years than Big Baby for 5 years. I'm realistic about this team - the window is only open for another couple years before Allen, Pierce and Garnett will be past their respective primes. Try and get another championship while you can, boys.

No comments: