Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Two Shower Day

While June was essentially a rain-out, July has thus far been spectacular. Today was another great day: sunny, cloudless and right around 80 degrees. Striking while the iron was hot I went out and played 9 this morning with my uncle Mike. Despite shooting a full 10 strokes worse than the last time I was at Willowdale, I came home and still seemed to be smelling ok. But, I haven't mowed my lawn in over a week and with the British Open this weekend, I'm not going to want to stray far from my TV. So, figured I should mow the lawn while the getting is good.

Unlike a lot of people, I actually like mowing the lawn. I just put on my iPod and go to work. Well, I should clarify: I like mowing my lawn. I'm not mowing your lawn even if you want to pay me. I think it's the fact that my lawn looks the best right after it's been mowed, with nice straight lines (this is also how I feel about myself - I look my best after a haircut and a shave). However, between the golf and the yard work I was really pushing the limits of my deodorant. I salute Old Spice High Endurance's efforts, but by the time I was done with the yard work I had passed the point of just waiting to shower tomorrow morning. Plus, you never know when a cute girl could show up at your door. Anyways, I like the two-shower days, cause they mean I've been productive. Not like the less popular "bump on a long" days during which it may not even matter if I shower at all depending on what kind of day I had the day before.

Now, a couple of thoughts on last night's All-Star game... which, truth be told, I watch about 5 minutes of and it was only the pre-game stuff.
-I want everyone to stop picking on Obama's first pitch coming up short. Dude was wearing a bullet-proof vest and that'll throw off any throwing motion.
-Also, I liked that Obama wore the White Sox jacket to throw out the first pitch. He stayed loyal to his team, when the more political move was to wear a an All-Star game jacket. Hell, his sports loyalty is half the reason I voted for him.
-Dick move by Joe Maddon to not play Wakefield at all in the game. I don't care if you told him beforehand he wasn't getting in unless the game went to extra innings, it was still a shitty thing to do to a guy who waited 17 years to make his first All-Star game and probably won't ever make another one. Wakefield won't say a thing about it, cause he's a class guy, but Sox fans won't be so restrained next time the Rays roll into town.

No comments: