Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Killin' (Spiders) is My Business...

...and business is booming. At least lately it feels like it. It seems like every time that I look up on the ceiling I see one of the little buggers. They're always crawling around the corners of my room and leaving their stupid cobwebs. I'm constantly clearing them out and at least three times today I walked into a cobweb somewhere in my room (you know that feeling you get when you walk into a web? It's that strange tingle that is kind of hard to describe, but you know what I'm talking about). I made the mistake of turning off my fan last night and this morning one of the bugs had made several passes between the fan and the wall. He made quick work of it; too bad it was gone as soon as I noticed it.

I'm not sure why it seems like I have a lot bigger spider problem than normal this year. It could be that since it's been cold this summer I still have not had to turn the A/C on so far this year and have instead just opened up windows, so they've been able to get in that way. But you would think that since it gets so cold at night that the pain in the asses would be dying off. Instead I have to crush them with a kleenex and then clean their guts off the white ceiling. Consider this an open plea to the spiders: stick to my walls. It's harder to see a mark on the green wall.

-I love that the national media seems surprised that we cheered Nomar last night. This just proves their ignorance about all things Boston. Let me be clear about this for future reference - if you played with the Sox for more than 5 years and you didn't then sign with the Yankees you can expect a nice ovation. As long as you don't come back in pinstripes, you'll be fine.

-I was perusing the Celtics summer league roster last night as I watched highlights from their game against the Jazz (what... why is watching summer league games weird?) and saw that Robert Swift is on the team. This is awesome because in 2004 Danny Ainge was desperate to draft Swift, but couldn't find a way to trade up and get him. Instead, he had to settle for Al Jefferson. Jefferson has since become one of the best low-post players in the league, while Swift leads the league in horrid tattoos (that's an old photo, by the way, he's added more) and averaged 4 ppg for his career. It was a huge bullet dodged and more proof that sometimes the best choices in life are the ones we aren't allowed to make. All in all, Ainge should be praying that we all forget about his obsession with this kid. But I guess Danny just doesn't know how to quit this kid. He's probably prouder of this signing than he is of getting Rasheed Wallace.

No comments: