Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ow...

This morning I woke up with a stabbing pain in my lower back. The area is sensitive to the touch, though I don't think that a bruise has developed. Last night I didn't do any heavy lifting or repetitive motion that would normally make my back sore. It just showed up for no damn good reason. It is also weird because it doesn't seem like the pain intensifies if I move to one side or another, but it is more of a constant, dull throbbing that never changes or goes away. I've tried stretching it one way or another, taken a couple Advil, but the annoying feeling is unchanged.

I'm just trying to find out where the hell this came from. Either I'm getting old (to the point that I can hurt myself sleeping) or I'm having really violent dreams. Neither one seems to be that appealing of an option. Or, it could be that I sleep in the same spot a lot and my mattress has created a pressure point. But, that's rooted in reality and therefore, boring.

-Exactly how long can a story be "Breaking News"? At about 4:30 yesterday afternoon, the tell-tale red logo appeared along the ticker on ESPNews. Turns out that Michael Vick was conditionally reinstated to the NFL. Fairly interesting news, I admit. Then, after The Daily Show I turned my TV back to ESPNews and saw the red "Breaking News" logo again appear on the bottom line ticker. Usually breaking news at this time of night can only mean a trade or perhaps a huge performance in one of the west coast games. Instead, it was the same Michael Vick news. The story is interesting - but it isn't so big that it should still be considered breaking news 7 hours later.

No comments: