Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pimpin' Ain't Easy...

This time last year I was desperate to get out of Gillette Stadium. I was working crazy hours, not making any money, physically wearing myself out and also not being appreciated for the fact that I was essentially getting shit on, but still willing to go above and beyond what my job called for. When I was passed over for a promotion simply because the other guy was willing to take less money, that was the last straw (that guy was recently fired for not being able to do the job... shocking). I started to send my resume anywhere that was accepting them at the time. One of the places that I talked to was the New Hampshire Union Leader to be a weekend editor for their sports section.

I ended up passing because it was not steady enough work or enough hours to warrant taking the job. With the price of gas last summer hovering well over $3 a gallon, I would have essentially been spending my paycheck just getting to and from work. But, you know, I may have been swayed if they had told me about some of the benefits my co-workers could have provided.

This also just shows how bad newspapers are doing right now. This guy was a decorated sports writer in New Hampshire and yet he still had to go out and start a... we'll call it second career.

-Despite the fact that their clothes are made for Europeans (read: smaller), I actually like Adidas clothes. Their sneakers are still too narrow for me, but I can work with the clothes. (Given the fact that they make all Notre Dame merchandise, I pretty much have no choice.) But, I would like them to do something about the names they use for colors. No man wants to say out loud, "That's a nice shirt. I hope they have the appletini in XXL."

-It was nice of EA sports to let me know in advance what songs will be drilled into my skull by December.

No comments: