Wednesday, September 2, 2009

At Least The House Is Clean...

My sister is due to have a baby any day now (actually, my family knows the exact day and time but because we're 1/2 Irish I will not be divulging that information). When a birth is this imminent, a weird vibe comes over a family - it's like waiting on Christmas and a tornado to roll through at the same time. And when your family is as close as mine is that means everyone is covered. So, we're all walking around with bounding, nervous energy ready to just get the whole process over with and start spoiling this little lady. Add to that I'm also waiting to hear back about a job and I'm bouncing off the walls over here. Because of all this energy I've spent the day working on stupid projects, just to try and keep my mind occupied.

First thing I tackled was cleaning off and organizing all the clutter from the top of my bureaus. After about 20 minutes I realised that I wasn't really doing much of either, more like just moving stuff around. I then spent some time dusting and rearranging the stuff on my desk. Then I just started to get stupid, like when I spent 20 minutes going around and to make sure all my footballs were inflated. I'm not even sure why this suddenly seemed important; I'm not playing football this weekend - I'm probably not going to be playing football this month. But if anyone needs a football to celebrate college football kicking off this weekend, I'm the guy you should call. In the meantime, I'll be running around in circle and organizing my sock drawer.

-What happened to last season's improbable World Series run being the thing that got people to care about baseball in Tampa Bay? I'm watching the Sox play the Rays in what amounts to a do-or-die series for the Rays and there is almost no one there. I know they fell in love quickly last October, but I didn't expect the fling to be over by this season.

-Speaking of the Red Sox, Curt Schilling said he's thinking about running for Ted Kennedy's now vacant Senate seat. I got to be honest Curt, it's a waste of your time and money. This state isn't going to line up behind you just because you pitched great in '04. Not to mention, you sticking your head out of your car window before the victory parade and giving us an unsolicited "Vote Bush" really sullied the moment for a lot of diehards. That combined with the fact that you actually told people to vote for Bush is pretty much going to kill your campaign before it started, and that's without going into the fact that you have never served public office before. Really, stick to the blog.

No comments: