Monday, September 28, 2009

Bombs Away

I don't know what has gotten into the acorns around here (no, I'm not talking about the political group - I literally mean the ones that grow on trees). For some reason they seem to be much bigger than usual this fall. I guess we could blame the wet early summer, because we seem to want to trace all the problems in nature back to the rain we had in June and July. When they fall it sounds like rocks are bouncing off the ground. The ones that land in the back of my dad's truck are especially fun, because you get the echo and they are even louder. I read somewhere that large acorns in the fall mean that it's going to be a harsh winter, so consider this your warning. I guess as long as they avoid my truck (which I spent hours cleaning on Saturday) than they won't bother me too much.

-Remember how last week I said that it was really annoying to go into the Monday Night Football game knowing that you're going to lose your fantasy football match-up that week, it's only a matter of when and by how much? The complete opposite of that feeling is when you have the only guy going in the game and you're already up by 40 points. The match-up is already over, now I'm just going to run up the score. I feel like Urban Meyer.

-Going in to last night, I was pretty intrigued about how The Cleveland Show was going to be. I think Family Guy is brilliant and since it's from the same people I thought it would be pretty good (then again, I thought the same about American Dad). If it was somewhere in the space between American Dad and Family Guy I would have walked away satisfied. Unfortunately, it was not - to be honest, The Cleveland Show came up woefully short. Now, it was just one episode and they were trying to establish all the new characters so I'm not giving up on it yet, but there is the nagging feeling that Cleveland is not a strong enough character to build an entire show around. Plus, his voice get annoying after too many scenes. We may have found the cartoon version of Joey.

No comments: