Friday, September 18, 2009

Hats

One of my least favorite things is hats from teams that are not anywhere near the team colors. Every team gets three colors that they can declare as their official uniform, that should be enough. You can't just start poaching from the rest of the color wheel. I know it's a style thing, first made famous when Spike Lee asked New Era to make him a red Yankees hat, but baseball hats on the whole should be exempt. I mean they go with everything already and I think supporting a team makes a bigger statement than any particular brand ever could. Basically, what I'm saying is there should not be orange Red Sox hats. I don't care if you love the Red Sox and also have lots of orange in your wardrobe - if that's the case then I'm sorry to say you're just pretty much out of luck at that point. Also, no green ones for St. Patrick's day - leave the green to the Celtics, thank you very much.

Besides, you should be careful what hat you wear when you go to other countries, cause sometimes they think it means you support the enemy. Who even knew green was a Palestinian color? I would be in deep trouble if I ever went to Israel, cause about 50% of my clothes have some kind of green in them. Airport security would love me, it seems. This reminds me of the early 90s when the network news started spreading the rumor that teenagers who wore the hats of specific out of town teams was their way of secretly showing a gang allegiance (my Detroit Lions hat, for example, was proof I was in a gang that didn't like winning football).

-So, a new study just came out telling us what we already know - no one believes the news anymore. Only 29% of Americans think the news they watch on a nightly basis is accurate when it comes to facts and only 18% think that news organizations deal with both sides of an issue. Personally, I'm shocked that 18% of Americans think that highly of the news. This is why I never watch any of the 24-hour news channels - it's too much time to kill to not throw some personal bias into the mix. Then again, this story was first reported by a news organization, so who knows how accurate it even is?

No comments: