Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today my mom is turning the big 6-0. To commemorate this occasion, we'll take a look back in picture form...

Here she is, around age 13. She was in a group called the Debonaires.
Seeing that it's her birthday, I will refrain from further comments, just know I've been waiting for months to show this picture.


We skip ahead to my parent's wedding day in 1971. I'm told that brown was all the rage back then.


Even though I'm nowhere to be found yet, I wanted to show this picture for three reasons:
1. First off, Dad, paint the wall and steps.
2. My mom gets us confused all the time, but now I know why - we no longer wear clothes that have our names right on them.
3. Looking at this picture you can see where Abigail and Madeline got their chunk from.


And we arrive at today. Mamo has gotten a lot better about letting other people hold the babies when she is around... I still wouldn't recommend trying it, though.


Happy Birthday, Mom.

Love ya.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!