Monday, April 27, 2009

Could be Allergies... Could be SWINE FLU!

I would never consider myself to be a hypochondriac. In fact, I'm usually willing to ignore obvious symptoms of sickness and discomfort in an effort to avoid doctors' offices. I'm perfectly content to just take some Advil, be miserable in bed for a day or two and let nature take its course. It's the better solution.

Well, yesterday afternoon I began to feel very run down. It hit pretty quickly and I was full-on dragging by 6 o'clock. I had body aches, sinus pain and stomach cramps. I barely made it through Family Guy before I passed out for the evening. I was hot as hell when I fell asleep on top of my covers with the windows open and the fan on, so I should not have been surprised that my teeth were chattering so much it woke me up at 2 am, when it was 30 degrees cooler in my bedroom.

Today I'm feeling much better, as long as my stomach stays empty. Otherwise the nausea comes in waves. Now, I'm sure that this is just allergies kicking my ass for the first time this season. I've never been diagnosed with seasonal allergies before, but that doesn't mean I don't have them. All that being said, if you feel yourself getting sick quickly, can't think of any other reason you may be feeling so crappy and at that same time a new disease is hitting the mainstream media there is always going to be that little part of your brain that goes to the worst possible scenario. I should be in the clear though, as I didn't visit Mexico or have sex with a pig (I'm assuming that's how this whole thing got started...)

No comments: