Thursday, April 30, 2009

That's Probably Why It's Free

It had recently come to my attention that you can get MP3's through Amazon.com and that some new music was actually cheaper to get there than through iTunes. Also, imagine my surprise when I noticed they have a sample section and you can get some tracks for free. The first two things I noticed was that they had some comedy clips (Craig Ferguson and Jim Gaffigan), which I quickly "bought" and they were pretty funny.

This got me all excited and I spent the next half hour going through all the free MP3's, looking for more music to download. Turns out, the comedy clips were the only good things that were worth the time it took to download. It was a lot of bands or singers I had never heard of, singing songs that I would rather not hear again. I listened to several clips, just in case there was a hidden gem in the mix, but alas, no. It turns out that even free, they're not worth it.

But I still spent a good amount of time on the website and found other stuff that I would like to buy. It's the free samples, that's how they draw you in. Now I know why BJ's hands them out.

-Just know ahead of time that I am fully prepared to go ballistic tonight. Because, you see, in the messed up world of the NBA playoffs, two wrongs make a right.

The officials have been getting blasted for the last two days by talk radio and the talking heads on ESPN for not calling a flagrant foul on Rondo at the end of Game 5. Now, whether they should have could be up for debate. But now, instead of taking their criticism like professionals, they will try to make it up to Chicago and their fans by not calling any fouls. Rondo could be tripped, shoved and stabbed on his way to the hoop tonight and nothing will be called.

That I know it's coming and have already made my peace with this fact should tell you just how awful the refs at your average NBA game are.

No comments: