Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Day Late

So, I had planned to discuss some of this stuff yesterday but I was lying on my couch, not really moving. Instead, you're getting my thoughts a day later than scheduled.

-I like some of what the Patriots did in the draft (coming out with 2 extra second round picks next year), but I didn't get the use of three picks on defensive tackles. I'm not about to say a bad word about a defensive tackle, but if you've already got one of the best in the NFL in Vince Wilfork and a pretty good backup in Mike Wright, why spend three picks on that position? Unless they are thinking of moving from a 3-4 to a 4-3, then it doesn't make much sense. If you're looking to get some security because Wilfork in in the last year of his deal then fine, you get one guy, maybe two in case one is a bust. Three seems excessive, especially when they are big guys who you probably can't convert into ends should they all work out. It just seems like a waste of a pick, when there were clearly other needs that could have been addressed.

-I'll probably never know why, but it seems everyone grew up watching Golden Girls. Now, I'm a guilty as the next guy, but I couldn't tell you what the appeal was to people of my generation. I just know we all watched it and we were all saddened to hear about the passing of Bea Arthur. But, did you know she was active in sports as well? Well, now you do.

I would love to know the order in which they secured the stars of that PSA. Did they blow the budget on Lemieux or Bea Arthur?

-So, we've had bunnies, foxes, deer and now you can add turkeys to the list of the animals that show up in my backyard.

I'm willing to bet that was not the bird that the makers of that bird feeder had in mind.

No comments: