Monday, April 13, 2009

The Irish vs. The Spanish

I know, I know. I said I wasn't going to put up as many video clips this week. But, I'm making an exception for this one because it's just that amusing to me.

Sergio Garcia is ranked #3 in the world (despite the fact that he's never won a major) and apparently hates Augusta National Golf Course. He made the cut at the Masters and even was as high as 6th, though he was never truly in contention after Friday. He then proceeded to blast the course, the set-up and tournament committee, while not offering any suggestions for improvement (I hate people who do that). I'm not sure how the course is so unfair, since everyone has to play the same pin locations. Sounds to me like someone is just looking for excuses about why he played like crap.

On the other hand we have Padraig Harrington, who has won the last two majors in a row and played some great golf last year. He came to Augusta seeking history, but he too was never really in contention after he had to take a bullshit penalty on Saturday when the wind moved his ball. Despite that, he couldn't have been nicer in praising the course or the set-up, saying how easy it was. They could have had a guy with an airhorn blasting away in his ear and Paddy probably would compliment him on his fine work. The Irish are just so polite.

By the way, watch their different reactions with the knowledge that these two essentially shot the same score for the week.

No comments: