Friday, April 17, 2009

OK, 5 Minute Break for a Dance Party

Recently, I was approved to start writing for a new freelancer site. It's not good money, but it's better than none. Anyways, when you live as a freelancer time literally is money. You only get paid for as much as you write and so any time spent not writing can adversely affect your wallet. So, really, I should be buckled down and seriously into whatever article I'm working on until I can turn it in and claim a new one. For the most part I am, but I need background noise so I've always got my iPod in. As a result, sometimes a song comes on and I just can't help but get up and start moving.

Now, I won't dance at clubs much (knowing I'm a horrid dancer is the key factor) but I put on shows in my room. Especially when the following songs pop up on my iPod (sidebar: big thumbs down on the new iTunes DJ - I much preferred Party Shuffle):
  • Journey, "Don't Stop Believing". Just a fantastic tune and aided by the fact that I can do the entire song from memory.

  • Heavy D, "Now That We Found Love". How can you not take a minute to move around when this song comes on?

  • Skid Row, "I Remember You". There's always time for a power ballad.

  • James, "Laid". This isn't so much a moving around song, but do you honestly think I can type and air-drum at the same time?

  • Michael Jackson "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough". Oh, Mike. This was back before you went all crazy, aka, "the good old days."
Just in case you were wondering why this became an issue on today of all days, I've put together a list of the last 30 songs that played on my iTunes (though, I did put them in a slightly better order... you know, for transition's sake) and provided you with it now so you can see for yourself why my article on golf etiquette and dress code hasn't been turned in yet.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments: