Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It Be Liz

So, today I got to spend some time with everyone's favorite Irish/American girl in her hometown of Natick.

Because she's been living in Dublin (a place known for it's flavor) and I've got such a tolerance for spicy food, we (of course) wanted Mexican for lunch. Thus, we went to the local Chipotle for build-your-own burritos. The guy behind the counter kept asking me if I wanted salsa or beans... or really, anything that would make the food even the slightest bit more interesting. No thank you, sir. Rice, chicken, sour cream and cheese... and even that was too spicy for my liking. We had a wonderful lunch where we caught up on just how boring both our lives are and how much fun it would be if I were really out-sourced by my family to Galway.

After a quick jaunt into a pet store, at which point Liz warned me if I ever got another dog she would never visit me, we went to Target. After a session with the photo print shop, we just wandered around the store, taking in all the variety of commerce that makes America so great. Afterwards we stopped in at Newbury Comics so I could forget what DVDs are on my list to buy (I have got to start carrying that around with me) and I made Liz go to Golfer's Warehouse where I continued to shop with my eyes only and not spend any money on equipment. Then it was off to Dairy Queen for the first Blizzard of the season (you know, when the ingredients are at their freshest). Then we hung out at Liz's, going on a Facebook-led trip down memory lane and chatting about the best way to kill someone and not get caught (don't ask).

All in all it was a great day, even though it just reminded me how much it sucks that I only get to hang out with Liz every three months.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I'm honored that you wrote a post about our day. Thank you for spending the day with me running errands and talking crap about every day instances. I still can't believe there is a Notorious BIG action figure.

And boy, was that Blizzard delightful.

PS you should move to Galway.

Tom said...

I still can't believe you wouldn't take a picture of the Notorious BIG action figure. Like they would have booted us from Newbury Comics.

Also, neither of us should think about become mechanics because while we couldn't figure out the noise my car was making, my mechanic knew after driving my car 15 feet.