Monday, March 9, 2009

Ok, Today is Your One Day...

... to complain about Daylight Savings Time.

Every single year, people seem to complain for a week about losing an hour of sleep. And yes, it can throw you off for all of Sunday. I pretty much wasted the day cause I didn't wake up until what felt like 10:30, but in reality was almost noon. Since most people had yesterday off and couldn't see co-workers they had to hold in their complaints until today. So OK, fine, let them out. But after today no more blaming your being late on Daylight Savings.

The effect Daylight Savings really has is just the same as if you stayed up later than normal on a weeknight. And hey, that's happened to all of us. You know you need to go to bed cause that alarm is going off no matter what, but you really want to stay up and see how this horrible movie ends. I get that. But, after a day of dragging slightly you should be all caught up. I used to work with a guy who treated Daylight Savings as if he had fallen through a time warp... "What day is it? Who's President now? Is this currency still accepted?"

-Hold on, are you telling me that the woman who, despite having no job, no health insurance and no way to support the kids she already had, still decided to get implanted with 8 more kids might just be a little crazy? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, by this new information.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Daylight Savings in Europe comes at the end of the month, at which time I will pretend that it's really affecting the way I exist, and may take a cue from your former coworker and act like I've fallen through a time warp. Thanks for the tip!