Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oh, Good... More Snow.

So, on Friday it was 60 degrees and sunny out. It was so nice, I was even able to go golfing for the second time in February (you can read all about it on my other blog, if you're so inclined). We had had a week of weather in the 50's and most of the snow was gone. In fact, we hadn't had that snowy of a February. Silly me, I assumed that meant we were done with winter. Then came word that Sunday we were getting a massive storm. This was a storm that made it snow in Alabama, for God's sakes. What were we, the people who are supposed to get snow, going to do against it? Again, the weathermen and women of our fair city were telling us that we could get 2 - 1500 inches.

As it turns out, we only ended up with 6 inches of snow here (I guess north of the city got pounded, though) and it was the light, fluffy variety, so I was more annoyed at having to dredge out the snow blower for 6 lousy inches of snow than anything else. This has, however, killed any remnants of the spring fever that I had been suffering from. Suddenly golf seems a long way off.



Nope, not done with the snow just yet.

As soon as you clear the cars, the wind just covers them back up.

Don't worry, Jay, you'll get to use your boat around June.

No comments: