Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Quick Hits

-As we were sitting down for dinner tonight it started snowing outside. Not enough to stick and it was only for a quick minute. Still, it was enough to remind me that even though it's officially spring that doesn't mean I should swap the snow blower for the lawn mower just yet.

-In the shower this morning I heard an ad on the radio for The Butterfly Place. Mostly it went in one ear and out the other, but one key thing stuck in my head: they have a Justice of the Peace at the ready. You know, in case all the butterflies give you wedding fever. What straight man would agree to this? "Yeah, man, we were gonna be at a country club with an open bar. But, damn, I do just love me some butterflies."

-I was watching golf this afternoon because, yes, it is possible to over-load on basketball, and the announcers were talking about how Tom Lehman needed to at least tie for 7th or else he would lose his medical exemption. He ended up coming a stroke short and I felt bad for the guy... until I realised that he's made about $21 million for his career and he plays golf for a living. Sneaky golf announcers; they can make me do almost anything.

-Also, I lost my first Elite Eight Team off of my bracket. Damn Marquette. I knew I had too much faith in the Big East.

-So, the New York Daily News is reporting that Alex Rodriguez liked to use the same Madam as disgraced former Governor Eliot Spitzer (only, because he's Alex Rodriguez, he used the Madam herself and it was free). I think I speak for a lot of people when I say: that's enough. We get it; Alex is a douche, a steroid user and a bad husband. You're not breaking any news - now all you're doing is piling on. If they're not careful they'll create an A-Rod sympathy backlash.

No comments: