Monday, June 29, 2009

I Work Best on a Deadline...

Because of my time in radio, I'm used to getting stuff done quickly. I was often handed a piece of audio to cut up and when I asked when they needed it by, the answer was usually, "Uh... now?" As a result I'm quite good when I have no time to pull stuff together. That doesn't mean that I can't do stuff until the last minute, it just means that I do my best work when I have no time to wonder about re-doing it over and over until it's absolutely perfect. Thinking only gets in the my way.

I bring this up because the Notorious EJR and her betrothed recently put up their wedding website and due to the counter on that site it was brought to my attention their wedding is in a little more than 100 days. Now, I get to bring a date to this wedding, which promises to be a rip-roaring good time. And so it occurred to me that I've got to get a move on, cause a wedding isn't exactly 2nd or 3rd date material. Plus, I would hate to do that to Liz and Simon. 35 years from now when they're looking at wedding pictures I would hate to be the person who brought the random girl who no one remembers her name. I've got to get a move on if I'm going to have a nice foundation laid down by September when I'll be solidifying plans.

-There's a fight brewing over what to do with Michael Jackson's children. There are lots of questions from who is the mother of the youngest child, to what sort of parental rights does the biological mother of the oldest two have. Jackson's mother wants to keep the kids together and with her, but she's got to be in her 80's and it's not like her kids turned out normal. It's going to be a mess. Personally, I feel I have the perfect solution: give the kids to Kate Gosselin. Seriously, she has an army of nannies, the kids would always have a playmate and she knows how to handle the paparazzi. They need to replace Jon anyway; this will re-invigorate the show. That arrangement would work.

-Bernie Madoff was sentenced today to 150 years in prison. Really, the guy is 71 years old - just shoot him. People don't care about the prison term, they just want their money back.

-Remember how I was sort of anti-Celtic Cheerleader when they first announced a team was being formed? Yeah, that feeling has gone away.

No comments: