Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Who's In My Driveway?

The guy who lives across from me is a repairman. He's always ordering parts and so it is never a shock when a UPS or FedEx truck comes rumbling up the street. Really, they have to deliver to this guy's house almost everyday, occasionally multiple times. However, it is really odd to see them not only stop in front of my house, but begin to back up the driveway.

Turns out this FedEx truck was for us. I was curious as to who ordered what and what could be so big that the guy opted to take the time to back up our long driveway instead of just walking the 120 feet. I figured that not only was the delivery for us, it had to be pretty big. I began to question just what the hell my dad had ordered with his Coke Rewards points (he's got 1,000s of them with nothing to spend it on). Previously it was a collapsible cooler and an asparagus strainer (told you, nothing worth ordering) so I figured this had to be quite the jump in point values.

I opened the door and was handed a very normal-sized envelope. It weighed almost nothing so really, this guy could have walked the distance and made it; guess he was just lazy. Turns out that my sister's father-in-law recently put out a book of his photography and wanted to send us a copy. It's a very nice book filled with cool photos he's taken through the years of Nantucket. You can check out a sample of Boomer's photography here. Also, if you're into photography its worth the investment to get the book. I mean, that's if you're not cool enough to know the author and get a free copy...

-While I still haven't signed up for a Twitter account yet, I have begun to see it's benefits. There are 4 or 5 different Twitter accounts of various people that I check every day. One of the ones that I do check is Notre Dame basketball coach, Mike Brey. So it was with great happiness that I check his account yesterday and discovered that Luke Harangody will be returning for his senior season. Thank God, as they lost enough talent to graduation. Now they just need to come back to Providence this season so I can watch them in person.

No comments: