Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Loose Change

As I've mentioned before, I'm pretty fanatical about keeping my car clean. So, as you can imagine, I was not happy a couple of weeks ago when I opened my sunroof and got rained on by a ton of crap (pollen, leaves and other stuff). At the time I just sort of gave it a cursory swipe with my arm and got the biggest chunks out of my car. Yesterday I decided to go back with a vacuum cleaner and get into all the crevices and fold in the seats. I'm quite pleased with the results as the inside of my car looks great.

I went full-out: pulling out my floor mats to get under there, folding down the seats to get into the harder to reach places and going under the seats to get at the places no one should even be looking. And that's when I discovered that I must have a problem with the jeans I wear. Under the driver's seat I found a ton of change. There was almost $3 worth of quarters and a couple dimes. The fact I never heard all this rattling around is surprising to me. My speakers must be louder than I think they are.

I threw the quarters back into the center console, cause that's where I keep my quarters, but put the three dimes in my pocket (for clarification's sake, I want you to know I am positive that there were three dimes). I have a change cup in my room that I was planning on added them to. Not five minutes later when I arrived in my room and reached into my pocket did I discover that two of the dimes were gone. I retraced my steps... no sign of them. They seemed to disappear into thin air. Obviously I'm not flipping out over 20 cents, but it was the oddest occurrence.

The moral of the story is, some change just wants to be lost.

-Alright, I'll ask: how did Jamie Fox get into this picture? Is he going the Jessica Simpson route and planning a country album? I also like how he is hiding off to one side like Where's Waldo.

No comments: