Tuesday, October 20, 2009

So, It'll Be 90 Tomorrow

There is that old New England expression that if you don't like the weather just wait five minutes and it'll change. Well, it may have taken more than five minutes the last couple of days, but it has been vastly different each day around here lately. Friday it snowed in the morning, Saturday it was cold, but only rained at night (just as I was getting off the train, thanks for that) and then Sunday we got about half an inch of snow. We followed that up with beautiful days in the mid-sixties on Monday and today. I'm beginning to think even the weathermen have no idea what is going to happen here weather-wise in the next couple of days. Still, I figured it was time to do the semi-annual shit in the shed shift, which is where I put away the lawn mower and pull out the snow blower. In other words, you can thank me when we don't get the next snowfall until February.

-I also had to get one last mow of the lawn done today, to get the grass a little shorter and also get rid of the leaves that had fallen before they got too thick for the lawn mower to handle it. Now, since it had been so cold I hadn't needed to mow for a while and thus the mower had been sitting for about a month. Now, if you've ever wondered how many pulls it should take to get a lawnmower to turn over and stay running, the answer is around 4. Well, I was on about my 40th pull before it was finally willing to stay running. I was really close to saying forget it and just raking the damn lawn.

-I've never understood how a coach can get so mad they they can get themselves ejected from an exhibition game, but it happens all the time. What makes this story so great is that the coach refused to leave even after being ejected and a rabbi came out of the stands to try and negotiate a way with the refs to allow the coach to stay on the court. Dude, it's an exhibition game, who cares if the head coach sticks around? Also, Maciej Lampe was prominently involved, which is the first time you can say that he was prominently involved in anything that had to do with the Knicks (great drafting, Isiah!).

No comments: