Sunday, October 11, 2009

The To-Don't List

Usually, I am very productive during the spring and fall. If you live in the Northeast, working outside during the summer or winter can be a fight against extreme conditions, so I try to get the most done before the weather goes too far in one direct or another. There was a lot that I wanted to accomplish today. Unfortunately for my list, there may be no better month for sports than October. You've got playoff baseball, football is hitting it's stride, golf is winding down and basketball is starting up. It can spread a sports fan pretty thin. Just today, there was a lot of great sports going on all day long. It started right at noon when the Red Sox playoff game started at the same time as the final round of the President's Cup. Then the Celtics had a game at 1 and the NFL started at the same time. And while the Sox and Celtics' games were done by the time the Patriots came on at 4, the golf coverage still hadn't wrapped up (more on that tomorrow). All in all, my thumb got one hell of a workout as I tried to switch frantically between it all (I have got to figure out how to get the picture-in-picture feature working on my television again). Unfortunately, that is pretty much all I got done. Good thing tomorrow is a holiday.

-While we're talking about the Patriots, lets talk about those Denver uniforms. I don't know why they felt the need to go back all the way to the original Bronco uniforms. The 'Denver Crush' era ones would have been far enough back. Honestly, even 50 years ago those things were probably considered hideous. It was just that back then televisions were still in black and white, so fewer people could tell just how bad yellow and brown look together. There was a reason they went to a totally different color scheme, is my point. Also, I never believed the whole "white makes you look larger" thing, but after seeing my boy Vince Wilfork in the all-white Pat Patriots uniforms, I'm a believer. Those things were not slimming.

-Loyal readers know that I have a serious problem with popular musicians who release cover songs on their greatest hits album. It wasn't your hit, so why is it on your greatest hits album? Either try and sneak a new song on there to try and make people believe that it will be a hit, or just stick to the music that already made you a star. I'll sum it up like this: who told Mariah Carey she could cover Foreigner?

No comments: